The College has a number of hostels built within the campus and other hired from investors in town. Both have the capacity of accommodating total number of 300+ students. At a time SFUCHAS is not in a position to provide accommodation services to all registered students, and then some students will have to stay off campus. In some circumstances the University shall assist students in getting off campus accommodation whenever possible at a reasonable price.
SFUCHAS is expecting to do better in provision of Accommodation services to students in the near future basing on the following:
- Availability of a number of hostels within the campuses to accommodate 300+ students
- Availability of land for constructing new hostels
- Existence of updated Students’
- By-Laws, which amongst other things prescribes the use of hostels by students
- Participation of SFUCHAS Students’ Organization in accommodation matters.
- Location advantage of Ifakara, a town with entrepreneurs who are willing to invest in students’ accommodation
- Existence of SFUCHAS Investment Policy, which among others, it covers investment of accommodation facilities
There shall be categories of students who will be given higher priority to be accommodated in the University Hostels. The priority list is as follows:
- Students with special needs
- Foreign and exchange students.
- First year students as per the following hierarchy
- TCU selected students
- Certificate students
- Diploma students
- Equivalent entry students
- Final Year students
- Second and third year female students
- Fourth year female students
- Second, Third and Fourth year male students.
The University shall not guarantee accommodation to all mentioned categories if the number of eligible students exceeds the available accommodation capacity