STUDENT ADMISSION PROCEDURE
Applicants may obtain application forms from Admissions Office at SFUCHAS Main Campus or download the application form from the website at www.sfuchas.ac.tz.
Applicants for undergraduate programmes are strongly advised to consult first the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) Students Guidebook for the Central Admission System before applying directly to St. Augustine University of Tanzania.
Applications are invited from November to May of the year for which admission is sought.
Duly filled- in application forms should be submitted to the Admissions Office with the following supporting documents to reach the University as early as possible:
- Two passport-size photographs
- Names of two referees, who have known the applicant and are able to evaluate the applicant’s ability for the programme being sought
- Copies of all educational certificates and relevant testimonials
- A medical certification from a recognized hospital
- An endorsement or a letter from the sponsor or employer or guardian confirming his or her readiness to sponsor the applicant
- A text of 500-700 words written by the applicant to tell about her or his life experience, goals, and reasons for seeking the program of studies he or she wants to take
- A non-refundable application fee of Tsh. 20,000 (For Tanzanian) or US$25 (For Foreigner) should accompany the application and should be paid to St. Augustine University Account number 015101001461 NBC LTD Mwanza Branch or Postal Money Order (No Cheques are accepted)
The University will notify the applicant of his or her acceptance and will send appropriate joining instructions, either directly or through the applicants sponsor or guardian.
Candidate is required to confirm his or her acceptance to the Admissions Officer within the period prescribed in the joining instructions by sending or bringing a non-refundable selection fee of Tsh. 10, 000 in case of Tanzanians or US$ 25 in the case of foreign students. If a candidate fails to do so, the University will offer the admission to candidates on the reserve list without further notice.
All new students must arrive one week before the start of classes for the New Students Orientation.
Students from countries other than Tanzania are expected to conform to all immigration formalities in their countries before they depart for Tanzania. They must also obtain a Residence Permit from the nearest Tanzania Embassy or High Commission upon their arrival. This should be done at the earliest possible date. It is advisable when travelling to Tanzania that one keeps readily available his or her documents as well as evidence from SAUT to confirm that he or she has been offered admission. One should also have details of financial support, in case these documents are required at the port of entry by the immigration authorities.
All candidates for Certificate Programmes should apply Direct to the University
All candidates for Diploma Programmes should apply Direct to the University
Undergraduate Degree Programme:
All candidates for undergraduate degrees should apply through the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU). Candidates are selected through (TCU) Central Administration System.
Post Graduate Degree Programme: (To start soon)
Applications are channeled through the University