- To be an outstanding Catholic University by setting standard of excellence in health training, research and health care for the Rural Community.
- The vision relates to the training of doctors with quality in health, research and health care to the rural community. It is related to that of the degree granting institution (SAUT).
- To transfer knowledge from one generation to another through teaching, advance and frontier of knowledge through research in Rural Tanzania.
- To create a competent human resource force with moral, spiritual and ethical values in Rural Tanzania.
- Delivery of quality services to the Rural Community in Tanzania
- The mission is relevant to training of doctors and is related to the mission statement of SAUT.