St. Andrew Cathedral, Ifakara
This is the place where admissions of SFDDH patients started 1930
St. Francis Referral Hospital, Ifakara.
Saint Francis University College of Health and Allied Sciences (SFUCHAS) was established by the Tanzania Episcopal Conference (TEC) based on the need of the Catholic Church to contribute to the training of more doctors and other Health Professionals in Tanzania in the face of inadequacy of qualified personnel in Health sector, critically in the marginalized settings of Tanzania.
SFUCHAS is the second Medical School owned by the Catholic Bishops of Tanzania after the Catholic University of Health and Allied Sciences (CUHAS), in Mwanza. Uniquely, SFUCHAS is the first medical University College to be established in a rural setting in Tanzania.
SFUCHAS was issued with a Certificate of Provisional Registration by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) on 2nd November 2010 and It was officially inaugurated by Hon. Hadji Hussein Mponda (MP), the then Minister for Health and Social Welfare on 12th June, 2011 represented by His Hon. Philipo Augustino Mulugo (MP) the then Deputy Minister for Education and Vocational Training. In September 2013, the TCU issued the Certificate of Full Registration (CFR) to the College.